Thursday, August 24, 2006

SHADOW OF LIFE BEHIND BARS - Bro. Chalie Caburian

I was once a prisoner of world deeds,
A conqueror of one's life pleasure,
That never gave me contentment,
A life love is not counted a treasure.

I was aggressive of human applause,
Measured strengths by people I overcome,
That I thought, is the best way to gain power,
A life where I seem to be the best of the rest.

Ambitions, reputations were my focused goal,
Fame is but a partner I won't leave,
Then still I found myself never satisfied,
Till I was pushed to be trampled underfoot.

I was thrown to a dark room,
Where my life course was changed,
I was pushed to wander of my real self,
Till I found myself shameful before God.

On this enlightenment I saw,
I started to look for Him, the one neglected before,
I wanted to remove the guilt by myself,
And for the first time, I knelt down and humble myself.

I said sorry! Yes a sincere sorry,
A strange felling then filled my inner self,
I felt forgiveness and love, Never to be found in the world,
And realized God's burden through Christ's death.

Yes life doesn't end there for trials and temptations abounds,
But he faithfully said, "call upon me in the day of trouble,
I will deliver thee: and thou shall glorify me!
Now, boldly I can say HALLELUJAH!

(Si Bro. Charlie ay naligtas sa La Trinidad Distirct Jail Benguet Province kasama ang kanyang kapatid na si Bro. Adrian noong 2002. Sa pagamin ng kanilang mga kasalanan nailipat sila sa National Bilibid Prison sa Muntinlupa noong taon 2003. Nagakroon ng mga gawain sa lugar na yan. May mga naligtas na rin. Si Bro. Charlie ay makakalaya bago matapos ang taong ito.)

No comments: