Friday, December 12, 2008

MY TESTIMONY - By Bro. Ely Facunla

To recall that glorious moment of March 17, 1991 (my conversion) stated that I was pleasantly invited to listen which I may say my first time to attend such a gathering of Christian worship in a small room somewhere in Recuerdo Congregation where the power of God’s Spirit mightily convicted me in such a very special way.

That service started with PRAYERS, few hymnal songs when the Sunday School portion begun, gave me the opportunity to ask several questions in a HARSH/ NAUGHTY manner. There, the Sunday school teacher answered all my questions but only to understand nothing, as in scoreboard ZERO.

The next part of that service is an ORAL TESTIMONY from Christian mother with tears freely flowing down her cheeks talking directly to the LORD, seems at the ceiling or just beneath the second floor, arouse my emotion to cry also but I hold my breath and gently massage my chest to pacify myself. Another Christian mother testifying in the same manner made my sorrow to be broken. at this position, I felt anxious on my chair. I strongly fought hard to normalize myself in order to kill this sadness approaching to explode, but to no more avail because in likewise, my Christian wife instantly appealed to the Lord saying ” Oh Lord, have mercy also on my kind-loving husband.” As I heard this message, then opened the valley of my tears sprinkling towards the promontory of my face like a little child deeply frightened.The situation got to be so quick for a strong power pushed my legs to stand with fear repenting as a SINNER in the PRESENCE of the Lord. That time, I felt like a thief apprehended by the authority. With GREAT FEAR, I surrendered to Him that parcel of land beside my house in Recuerdo where the chapel of The Church of God presently erected. After that service, I felt ashamed for the situation but deep inside, I felt that I became new and different.

That afternoon, I moved back to Manila for my job, days went by and I observed something NEW in myself for those BAD WORDS I used to SAY BEFORE, has been CONTROLLED. The liquor, the cigarettes, the gambling, the DISCO and WOMANIZING are no longer a victor but ALL DEFEATED.

“OH MY GOD, MY LORD” what an EXPERIENCE. That time, I felt so HUNGRY and THIRSTY,it seemed that I didn’t ate or drunk for a long period of time. How pity am I for my feet driving toward the place where I could find food to eat and water to drink.

Thanks God, I found it. “THE HOLY BIBLE” quenching my hungry and thirsty soul. Amen.

Thank you Lord for all these blessings, especially in giving me HEAVENLY joy in SERVING you as a pastor in Binangonan Congregation. PLEASE PRAY FOR US. To God be the GLORY.

From Bro. Ely's Blog: http://elyfacunla.blog.friendster.com/?CMP=EMC-24

No comments: