Friday, September 28, 2007

MY TESTIMONY - Bro. Eddie A.Santos


I was born in a big family , two elder sisters and four brothers me being the youngest. My Father Tatang Tacs(Anastacio) as they call him was a good provider for he was able to sent us all six (6) in college and had all finished our bachelors degree. My Mother as they call her Nanay Paz is just a plain housewife and a housekeeper and I never saw her went to other houses and just mind her own business do all the caring for us and cooking and father do the budgeting. As a young boy I grew up in a Methodist church and was active then for I even join in their literary presentation during Christmas time but when I reached the age of a teenager I stopped entering their church instead went to the Catholic church for most of my friends were Catholics. My Family was never active in any church or denomination for my father and my mother never did I saw them enter in any of these sects or denominations but my grandfather the father of my mother who was a school teacher is a Methodist church member. So we were not obliged by our parents to go to any of these churches. During my young age I got sick so terribly that I was in delirium the ceiling of my room looks so vast and by that time I saw mother in her knees praying and in the morning I was well and I know God heard the prayer of my dear mother. My parents also accepted the Lord later in their years.

Starting with my experience with the Lord , after I graduated in college and had passed the board exam for civil engineers. I was full of ambition in life I went to the city of Manila in search for a job and I got one, while waiting then to be assigned to Bicol province on a big industrial project unfortunately I resigned for the reason that I was being hunted by someone that I had done wrong and I went back to Paniqui and it was then that brother Rey saw me and invited me but was so hesitant and always say to him some other time but he always drop by our house on his way to lacayanga to a night service in the house of Pastor Luzong’s son Garding. It started that way and then to a Sunday service to Pastor’s Luzong’s house where I was move by the Holy Spirit and I found myself in the altar seeking and asking forgiveness to the Lord I believed I was forgiven and was added unto the Church of God. All my ambitions in life to be a successful engineer totally changed and I found myself with bro. Jet, Bro. Arnold(bokwa),Bro. Ging, Sister Mercy (Sergio’s wife), Sis. Myrna luzong studying theology and homiletics in the tailoring shop of Pastor Luzong where he was our teacher. We have bible services every night and we were doing visitation on every houses with the leadership of Pastor Luzong. We were trained to stand in the pulpit and apply what we learned in homiletics. Until I met Sis. Nimpa sister of Bro. Ging who was then having her vacation she had just finished Nursing and waiting for the result of her board exam. I was captivated by her charm and we got married the first marriage officiated by Pastor Luzong in his ministry in the Church of God.

Things run so fast that we found ourselves with three children to support give their material needs and send to school. They were reared in the church of God and had also accepted the Lord as their personal Savior and we were so proud for that. I hope they continue to live like a church of God should be. Eva rose is now in her fourth year in college taking medical technology and Nehemiah Ed is now in his second year in engineering and Gracie Anne is with us here in Italy and now in her second year in high school, Gracie is so talented that she always got excellent grades. I hope that someday we will be back again to our beloved country and again together with brethren in the Church of God.


In Christ love,
Bro. Eddie

No comments: